|Subject:||Re: Uninstalling D2005 Version and Updating|
|Posted by:||Ron Mertens (r…@metalgrass.com)|
|Date:||Mon, 07 Aug 2006|
I'm not an expert... But I managed to do this once, in D2005. It was a
long time ago, but I wrote a list of the things i did, it might guide
you in the right direction:
1. Open delphi. components, install packages and remove two indy packages.
2. Remove all Indy related files (easy way - search for indy in delphi
directory). Delete what makes sense...
3. Download latest devsnap. Open to temp dir, and copy system,core and
protocols to the delphi/lib/indy10 directory.
4. Run delphi 2005. Open and compile the system,core and protocols from
that lib (There are D2005 files there, project files. Choose those with 90).
5. Install the core and protocols (I'm not sure if core installs or not).
Scott Price wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I am sorry to ask this, as I am sure it has been asked a thousand times
> before, but I just can't find a solid answer on google.
> How do I go about uninstalling the Indy that came with D2005 and
> updating to the latest 10.1.5? The Dev snapshot source I have.
> I was sure I had come across a document before in the past, but for the
> love of all things Delphi I can't find it :)
> Kind regards,
> Scott :)
Uninstalling D2005 Version and Updating posted by Scott Price on Sat, 5 Aug 2006