Re: Uninstalling D2005 Version and Updating

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Uninstalling D2005 Version and Updating
Posted by:  Ron Mertens (r…@metalgrass.com)
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006

I'm not an expert... But I managed to do this once, in D2005. It was a
long time ago, but I wrote a list of the things i did, it might guide
you in the right direction:

1.  Open delphi. components, install packages and remove two indy packages.
2. Remove all Indy related files (easy way - search for indy in delphi
directory). Delete what makes sense...
3. Download latest devsnap. Open to temp dir, and copy system,core and
protocols to the delphi/lib/indy10 directory.
4. Run delphi 2005. Open and compile the system,core and protocols from
that lib (There are D2005 files there, project files. Choose those with 90).
5. Install the core and protocols (I'm not sure if core installs or not).

Ron.