Re: Problem installing Indy, filectrl, entry point not found

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Problem installing Indy, filectrl, entry point not found
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006

"Neil Sewell" <n.t.sewe…@ex.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:BA9389704F04E340n.t.sewe…@ex.ac.uk...

> If I download the installer from the Atozed website, I get a message
> telling me that filectrl is used in vclx50 and so Indy doesn't install
right.

Don't use the installer.  It is outdated anyway.  Download the latest
development snapshot from Indy's website and compile it manually.

> I saw that some people have had this problem before and the
> suggestion was to download the latest snapshot from the dev
> site and install that.

Correct.

So I've tried to do that (following the Indy10Install instructions) and on
idGlobal@IsNumeric$qqrxl
> in IndySystem50.bpl"!

Make sure that you do not have any old Indy files still lingering on the
machine.  You must remove old versions before you can install newer ones.