Re: Speed reporting in Intercept...

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Speed reporting in Intercept...
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006

"Dennis" <antispam@antispam.com> wrote in message
news:op.tff2jfkpdjpp…@compy686.westman.wave.ca...

> *Sigh* okay.. I give up.  Anyone know a good way of
> reporting the speed per second when using intercept throttler?

The Intercept architecture is not designed for what you are attempting.  Use
the OnWork... events instead.  You can keep track of how many bytes have
been sent in between each event.

> The intercept throttler pauses depending on the buffersize.  So lets
> say 32KB buffer, and you want 4KB/s, the delay in milliseconds
> would be: 8000  (or 8 seconds).  That's correct but, when having
> a timer check how much data was moved on that interval, it will
> report: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,  32KB/s

Don't use intercepts for that.  Intercepts are designed for altering the
data itself, and the flow of the data.  They are not meant for reporting
details about the speed of the data.

> Using the throttler it pauses before it sends the entire buffered data,
> when the client could be processing those 4KB/s ..

There is no way around that.  The Intercept architecture is specifically
designed to operate on entire buffers.  An Intercept cannot receive a given
buffer and flush it to the connection in smaller pieces.