Re: POP3 question

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: POP3 question
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006

"José Montebarra" <jose.montebar…@marg.com> wrote in message
news:DAF21A8AAF0CE340jose.montebar…@marg.com...

> In an app I try to use a TPop3-component to download MMS
> from a Sony Ericsson P900

MMS has nothing to do with POP3.  In order for an MMS message to reach a
POP3 server, the message has to pass through a gateway that translates the
message from one system to the other.  As far as your own code is concerned,
the message is a standard POP3 message, not an MMS message.

> I think I have to specify ISO8859_1 encoding to be able
> to retrieved the attached MMS.

No, you do not.  Besides, you don't specify anything when retreiving a
message.  The message itself specifies the encoding that was used for its
data.  TIdPO3 downloads the raw message data as-is, regardless of its actual
encoding.  If you are having problems downloading the message, then the data
is probably using an encoding that is not supported to begin with.

What exactly, if anything, are you actually having a problem with?