Re: Login isn't running after connection

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Login isn't running after connection
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006

"Shawn Stephens" <s…@pdrx.com> wrote in message
news:768FBB7A3B11E340s…@pdrx.com...

> I'm calling the connect(true);
> and it connects, but as soon as I try and sent a command (anything)
> it throws an exception
> complaining about EidProtocolReplyError as 220

Where EXACTLY is the exception occuring?  Please show your actual code.  It
sounds like you are sending the command before the server's greeting has
been read.  Are you using the OnConnect event to send your command, by
chance?  If so, then you should not be doing that at all, since OnConnect is
triggered too early.  Wait until Connect() actually exits before then
sending any commands.

> vsftpd 1.2.1

I am assuming that you are using TIdFTP?  If so, then this question belonged
in the FTP newsgroup, for future reference.