Re: TidHTTPProxyServer support https

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: TidHTTPProxyServer support https
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006

"Dennis Poon" <send2dennis…@yahoo.com.hk.no.spam> wrote in message
news:EECACBC83213E340send2dennis…@yahoo.com.hk.no.spam...

> But when tries to open something https://.....  firefox just frozes (even
> though I set it to use the same port 8080 for SSL in firefox).

Did you assign an SSL-enabled IOHandler to the server?  It can't handle SSL
without that.

In any case, if the target HTTP server requires SSL, then TIdHTTPProxyServer
will not be able to connect to it.  The outbound connection that
TIdHTTPProxyServer creates does not currently support SSL yet.  You would
only be able to connect to the proxy server itself using SSL (after you set
up the IOHandler).

> By the way, I already tried using the IOHandler for SSL but the SSL
> library available for download only works for Indy 9.

Indy 10 uses the official DLLs from the OpenSSL website now.