Re: RemObjects SDK compiling and Indy

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: RemObjects SDK compiling and Indy
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007

"Andrea Raimondi" <rainap…@tin.it> wrote in message
news:353E7F121617E340rainap…@tin.it...

> I get this error when compiling the SuperTCP channel
> helper unit:
> [Pascal Error] IdIPAddress.pas(1): E1025 Unsupported language
feature:
> 'property of array type'

Are you compiling for C++?  The only array property that TIdIPAddress
has is the IPv6 property, which uses an IFNDEF statement for
discarding the property in BCB.

> Asking them, they said that it's an Indy issue.

It is.  But it more so a Delphi issue.  Delphi allows properties that
are based on array types.  C++ does not.  In this case, the IPv6
property is declared as type TIdIPv6Address, and TIdIPv6Address is a
typedef for an array, ie:

    TIdIPv6Address = array [0..7] of word;

    {$IFNDEF BCB}
    property IPv6 : TIdIPv6Address read FIPv6 write FIPv6;
    {$ENDIF}