Re: problem with different version used for compilation

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: problem with different version used for compilation
Posted by:  Tuyen (nospam@thisaddress.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007

"Bartek Palczewski" <bpalczews…@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
news:49EB0C02F628E340bpalczews…@yahoo.ca...
> Ciao !!
>
> One year ago i wrote a program. Since then i reinstalled a system, and i
> reinstalled delphi. The problem is, i cannot compile a program anymore - i
> got the error : "the program was compiled with different version of ...".
> I have been trying to install various versions of indy, but to no avail.
> Is there a way to check a version of indy with which project was compiled?

You're calling a unit in one of your "uses" statements to which you don't
have the source code, or your library paths are not properly set up.

Since Indy comes with the full source code, there is no reason you should
ever see that error because if you have the source code in your library
path, then the compiler will automatically overwrite any old DCU files that
were compiled with a different version of Delphi.