Re: Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer
Posted by:  Sanford Aranoff (arano…@analysis-knowledge.com)
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007

Sanford Aranoff wrote:

> I have been getting a lot of these lately. It seems that I have to close
> my app. Putting these errors in a try except loop does not help. What is
> going on? If I try to send a quit, and would like it to delete the
> messages from the server, and then it gets this error, why can't I sleep
> a bit and try again?

My app is minimized, and periodically checks for new email. When the above
error happens, my error reporting code puts a message on the screen. This
prevents the program from working properly, and I have to close the app and
reopen. I think I would like to get rid of the raise exception code, and
deal with errors myself. What do you think?

Thanks.