Re: Date

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Date
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007

"Sanford Aranoff" <arano…@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message
news:468EA06F.2109E8…@analysis-knowledge.com...

> Received email, stepped through with the debugger.
>
> DateTimeToStr(Msg.Date)    '07/06/2007 11:23:00 AM'
> Msg.headers.values['Date']  'Fri, 6 Jul 2007 15:23:00 EDT'
>
> HOW CAN THIS BE?
>
> The msg.date is clearly wrong.

You did not say which version and build of Indy you are using.  Clearly, the
handling of GMT offsets is off by 4 hours.  That suggests to me that you are
probably using an old version.  There have been GMT-related fixes in newer
versions.

> It was not sent out at 11:23. If it was sent out with the correct
> values.date, how can the msg.date be different?

The TIdMessage.Date property is a TDateTime, not a String.  The
Values['Date'] value is parsed and converted according to RFC standards.
That includes applying GMT offsets when needed.  There is no offset
specified in the original Values['Date'] string, so Indy applies the GMT
offset of the local machine only.  In some releases of Indy, there were
issues with retreiving that offset correctly.