Re: Changed from indy 8/9 to Indy 10

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Changed from indy 8/9 to Indy 10
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007

"D-FAN" <DFAN@nospam.net> wrote in message
news:1D86F3EF3E32E340DFAN@nospam.net...

> Prior to Indy 10 there was a WriteInteger and a ReadInteger
> method there were part of the TIdPeerThread that was passed
> as a parameter

They were members of TIdTCPConnection, not TIdPeerThread.

> Can someone tell me how this was changed for Indy 10?

All of the reading/writing methods still exist in Indy 10.  They were moved
to the TIdIOHandler class, and the writing methods were then renamed to be
overloaded Write() methods.  Also, ReadInteger() was recently renamed to
ReadLongInt().  So the following methods of TIdIOHandler are what you are
looking for:

    procedure Write(AValue: LongInt; AConvert: Boolean = True); overload;
    function ReadLongInt(AConvert: Boolean = True): LongInt;