Re: From Indy 8/0 to Indy 10

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: From Indy 8/0 to Indy 10
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007

"D-FAN" <DFAN@nospam.net> wrote in message
news:748039583F32E340DFAN@nospam.net...

> Prior to Indy 10 there was a WriteInteger and a ReadInteger
> method there were part of the TIdPeerThread that was paassed
> as a parameter, Can someone tell me how this was changed
> for Indy 10?

See my reply to your other thread of the same question.

> What is the difference between write and writebuffer?

There is no WriteBuffer() method in Indy 10.  Assuming you are still
referring to Indy 8/9, then the difference should be obvious to you if you
look at the parameters they are expecting.  WriteBuffer() expects a memory
address and a length, which means you can pass it any memory block you want.
Whereas Write() expects a String instead.

> Can writebuffer write a large amount of data?  What is its limit

Available memory.