Re: Maintaining a list of connections when using a proxy

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Maintaining a list of connections when using a proxy
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007

"D-FAN" <DFAN@nospam.net> wrote in message
news:C9F9FFF7D432E340DFAN@nospam.net...

> Is there some type of session id that can be used to make
> sure that when I connect to a user that I can identify
> one connection from another.

No.  You are responsible for generating your own IDs and tracking.  Indy
only keeps track of the physical connections, but identifying them in a
meaningful manner is up to you.

> The application will maintain, on the server side, a list of users,
> their ip address and any other unique information that identifies
> the connection.

Then what is the problem?  You already have everything you need.  Simply
loop through the list when needed, looking for the desired username that you
want to send to.  If found, then you have access to the connection to send
the data with.