Re: SMTP - Indy 10 - BCB5

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: SMTP - Indy 10 - BCB5
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007

"Malcolm Smith" <malco…@mjfreelancing.com> wrote in message
news:DACA9A62CA35E340malco…@mjfreelancing.com...

> In BCB6, the following are declared for TIdSMTP:
<snip>
> This is, however, omitted from the code generated by BCB 5.

They don't need to be generated.  They are not inlined methods to begin
with, so they are inherited from TIdCustomTCPClient and TIdSMTPBase like any
other normal method would be.  I don't know why BCB 6 insists on declaring
inline versions of them in descendant classes.  Probably some kind of
optimization feature Borland decided to add to the Pascal compiler in v6.