Re: TIdUDPBase GetBinding

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: TIdUDPBase GetBinding
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007

"Ulrich Doewich" <w…@cares.com> wrote in message
news:586DD6A9FE35E340w…@cares.com...

> I'm trying to compile my application with the latest Indy build,
> however at some point GetBinding in TIdUDPBase seems
> to have been made abstract...

What is the actual error you are getting?  What does your code look like?
You should not be instantiating TIdUDPBase directly.  Use TIdUDPClient or
TIdUDPServer instead, which both override GetBinding().

> Do I have to provide my own GetBinding now?  If so,
> wouldn't I need access to FBinding?

In order to "provide your own" GetBinding(), you would have to derive a new
class from TIdUDPBase.  FBinding is a protected member, and thus is
accessible to descendants.