Re: Indy version shipped with RAD Studio 2007

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Indy version shipped with RAD Studio 2007
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007

"Marc Rohloff" <ma…@marcrohloff.com> wrote in message
news:8C9CAC33F937E340ma…@marcrohloff.com...

> I notice that RAD Studio 2007 ships with 10.1.5 even
> though version 10.1.6 has been out for months.

10.1.6 has been available for much longer than that.  It is also outdated.
The current version is 10.2.3 now.

> Is there a reason for this?

This has already been explained several times, but I'll explain it again.
RAD2007 ships with the same version that shipped in BDS2006.  CodeGear did
not give us adequate notice of a new IDE version being released, so we were
unable to get a new version of Indy ready in time.  JP and I slaved over it
for several weeks trying to get all of the necessary updates in place that
were being worked on, but in the end CodeGear ran out of time waiting and
had to do their own release, so they used the older Indy that they already
had on-hand.

> Is there a list somehwere of changes?

No.