Re: Snapshot Error

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Snapshot Error
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007

"Paulo Henrique" <phenriq…@mail.pt> wrote in message
news:BE018EACD73EE340phenriq…@mail.pt...

> I've been trying to update my current Indy 10 version (Delphi 6)
> to the latest snapshop, but I'm always getting a "Illegal character"
> in file "IdSSLOpenSSL.pas" :
>
> IdSSLOpenSSL.pas(1) Error: Illegal character in input file: 'ï' ($EF)

Someone checked in a bad file to the source control system.  The first three
bytes of the file contain the UTF-8 BOM (Byte Order Mark).  If you delete
those three bytes, the file will compile correctly.

Now, once you get past that, it turns out that IdMessageCoderYenc.pas does
not compile, either:

    IdMessageCoderYenc.pas(182) Error: Undeclared identifier: 'GetName'

Looks like Chad Hower commented out the GetName() helper function for some
reason.  You can uncomment it to let IdMessageCoderYenc.pas compile again.

The rest of the snapshot compiles fine with those two corrections in place.