Re: Indy10 Delphi7 and Vista

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Indy10 Delphi7 and Vista
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007

"Matt Leonard" <ma…@futurelinksw.co.uk> wrote in message
news:5B0E1C4F913FE340ma…@futurelinksw.co.uk...

> When I try installing indy on the vista machine it installs but
> once delphi is shut and re-opened I get the error 'This
> application has failed to start because IndyCore70.bpl was
> not found.'

Clearly, the IDE is not able to locate the BPL file.  Make sure your Path
settings are set up correctly.  When you first install a package, the IDE
knows where the package is located, and loads it directly.  But on the next
restart, it has to rely on the Path settings to find it.  Also, make sure
that Vista's permissions are not prevented the IDE from storing that package
reference so it present properly when the IDE is restarted.