Re: Please wait while we generate documents

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Please wait while we generate documents
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008

"Mark Williams" <mark@{removethis}skwirel.com> wrote in message
news:4ED32C2E9A45E340mark@{removethis}skwirel.com...

> At the moment I have simply put in a sleep request for 1000 ms
> which seems to do the job, but is likely to encounter problems
> with quite large documents.

Where did you put the Sleep() exactly?  You can't call Sleep() while
TIdHTTP.Get() is still running.

> The page I post to displays a please wait message until it has generated
> the document and then displays links to the document.

Well, then the server is sending back HTML that redirects a web browser
automatically.  When you operate at the HTTP level directly, you will have
to parse that HTML manually to get the URL links, and then perform a new
request to download the document.

> This page has the same url as the page that displays the wait message

It can't.  You would just get another wait message.