Re: Indy 9 to Indy 10

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Indy 9 to Indy 10
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008

"Roddy Pratt" <spam@spam.spam.spam> wrote in message
news:67EF787B3761E340spam@spam.spam.spam...

> No ReadBuffer/WriteBuffer calls

They were replaced with TIdIOHandler.Readytes() and
TIdIOHandler.WriteBytes(), respectively.

> and no way of emulating them that I can see without moving my data
> to be sent into a separate heap-allocated dynamic array or loops
> calling Read/WriteChar, neither of which is going to win prizes for
> efficiency.

Derive a new class from TCustomMemoryStream and pass your original buffer to
its SetPointer() method.  You can then use TIdIOHandler.ReadStream() and
TIdIOHandler.Write(TStream).

> IOHandler has a ReadStream call, but not a WriteStream one

Most Write...() methods were replaced with TIdIOHandler.Write() overloads.