Re: Indy 9/10 support

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Indy 9/10 support
Posted by:  Jamie (jamie.da…@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008

Hi

"Malcolm Smith" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:D6B838FFD461E340nospam@nospam.com...
> I'm trying to support Indy 9/10 for my users in BCB 5, 6, 2006 and 2007.
>
> I've downloaded the latest versions of Indy 9 and 10 but am not having any
> luck compiling them.

What compiler are you using? I knew vaguely that Indy theoretically supports
others but I always thought it was primarily aimed at delphi.

> For Indy 9, I don't have any project files for BCB 2006 and 2007.  If I'm
> meant to use the Delphi projects, which ones do I use and how to I compile
> them ?

You need to compile the .dpk files - IF you are able to compile using the
delphi compiler then you will find the instructions on
http://www.indyproject.org I know they're not the best but I've not had time
to rewrite them with screenshots yet - I keep meaning to get around to it.
I'm one of a small group of Indy webmasters but I don't actually work on the
Indy sockets code which is why my advice is somewhat vague.

> For Indy 10, I have not managed past BCB5 - the compilation process
> crashes.
>
> Does anyone have project files for Indy 9 and 10 for each of the
> abovementioned compilers.

They are included in the zip. There was also last time I looked various .bat
files for the job too. Unfortunately I can't comment on the BCB side of
things though.

You might have better luck on forums.codegear.com - Point your reader there
and look for the appropriate winsock group for your language. Few Indy
people visit this group these days..