Re: IDSMTP - problems sending email

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: IDSMTP - problems sending email
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009

"Mark Williams" <mark@{removethis}skwirel.com> wrote in message
news:555555458E7EE340mark@{removethis}skwirel.com...

> I am having various problems sending smtp emails. I have posted
> my code below.

Which build of Indy 10 are you using?  And do you have the
TIdSMTP.Pipelining property set to True or False?

> 1 If there are any attachments then I get an smtp error 354 "OK Send data
> with <CRLF>.<CRLF>"

That suggests the server's reply to the DATA command is not being processed
correctly.  Which line in your code is raising the 354 error?

> If there are no attachments I do not get this error.

Is a separate exception being raised by Indy internally when attachments are
present?  What does the debugger say is actually happening?

> However, I am setting the body of the email from a richedit and
> only the last line gets added to the body text.

Then you are not adding the RichEdit text to the TIdMessage correctly.

> I am using an older indy 10 snapshot (which may be the cause of the
> issue but I cannot install the latest snapshot

Why not?

>  TextPart := TIdText.Create(IDMessage1.MessageParts, nil);
>  TextPart.ContentType := 'multipart/alternative';
>  TextPart.ParentPart := -1;

Given the code you have shown, you should not be adding that
'multipart/alternative' text part to the message at all, since you are only
putting plain text into the message and no other representations, such as
HTML or RTF.  Get rid of it.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)