Re: Please consider split the Indy10 runtime packages to much smaller packages

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Please consider split the Indy10 runtime packages to much smaller packages
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009

"Chau Chee Yang" <c…@sql.com.my> wrote in message
news:5545CBC4C282E340c…@sql.com.my...

> I would like to suggest to Indy development team to consider split the
> indy 10 packages to much smaller but not to squeeze everything in a
> package.  This will greatly improve your development experience and our
> users' day to day runtime usage.

Actually, I think it will make it harder, not easier.  We ave been
considering going back to a single-package model to make management easier.
Besides, if you diable runtime packages in your project, the compiler/linker
will omit the portions you do not use.  If you have runtime packages
enabled, then splitting Indy into more packages would mean you potentially
have to distribute more packages, not less.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)