Re: Threadsafe VCL component for logging Indy events?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Threadsafe VCL component for logging Indy events?
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009

"AndrewFG" <…@bb.com> wrote in message news:5371CF8B8684E340…@bb.com...

> I am looking for a threadsafe version of something like a TMemo for
> onscreen logging of events from within my multi threaded Indy based
> application.

Indy has TIdSync and TIdNotify classes that you can use for accessing the
main thread UI safely from worker threads.  You are not likely to ever find
thread-safe UI controls, because cross-thread UI work is never thread-safe
to begin with.

> if Debugging then MyMemo.Lines.Add('Debug Message');

I have posted such examples many many times before.  Try searching the
archives athttp://www.deja.com andhttp://forums.codegear.com.

--
Remy Lebeau (Indy Team)