Re: Indy SMTP timeout!

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Indy SMTP timeout!
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009

"Atmapuri" <janez.makovs…@usa.net> wrote in message
news:B01BDD03278FE340janez.makovs…@usa.net...

> For some reason on some computers, the send procedure
> locks up here:
>
>      SendCmd('.', DATA_PERIOD_ACCEPT);    {Do not Localize}

The only way that can happen is if the server is not sending a reply back to
the DATA command.

> //idSMTPBase.pas, line 310

That tells me you are not using the latest snapshot version of Indy 10,
because the problematic line you mention is currently on line 275.

> but for some reason, the server does not respond

That is most likely what is happening.  You can use an external packet
sniffer, such as Wireshark, to verify that.

> or the idSMTP expects something where there is nothing.

Well, if the server is not responding, then there is nothing available when
TIdSMTP is expecting it ;-)

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)