Re: Using TIdEventLog with Indy 10.5.7 not sure what change is needed

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Using TIdEventLog with Indy 10.5.7 not sure what change is needed
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009

"Frank Bishop" <francis12…@fairpoint.net> wrote in message
news:9183EB676296E340francis12…@fairpoint.net...

> now moving to 10.5.7 I can no longer use
>
>  IdSMTP1.Intercept := IdLogEvent1;
>
> when attempting to use it at design time it says property intercept
> does not exist

Yes, it does.  It is declared as published in TIdTCPConnection, which is an
ancestor of TIdSMTP:

  type
    TIdTCPConnection = class(TIdComponent)
    published
      property Intercept: TIdConnectionIntercept read GetIntercept write
SetIntercept;
  end;

I suspect you are not actually using 10.5.7 to begin with.  That value does
the connection's Version property actually report?

> Also I other point I'm using
> IdLogEvent1Received
> IdLogEvent1Sent
> and IdLogEvent1Status
>
> instead of
> OnConnect
> OnDisConnect
> OnReceive
> and OnSend

That is fine.

> On Receive and OnSend are just another flavor of Received and
> Sent using strings instead of a TIdBytes Buffer ?

Partly, yes.  OnReceive/Send provides just the raw data as-is, nothing more.
In TIdLogEvent and other descendants, OnReceived/Sent can optionally have
timestamps prepended to each string, and remove line breaks.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)