Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: TIdSMTP and TLS
Posted by:  Arch (archie.campbe…
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010

"Arch" <archie.campbe…> wrote in message
>I have an application which has been happily sending emails using a TIdSMTP
> Due to a change of contract I need to use a different ISP outgoing SMTP
> server.
> When it tries to connect it gets an error message "must issue a STARTTLS
> command first".
> Presumably the new ISP (googlemail) has different security or
> authentication settings, but I can't fighure out how to get round this
> from the documentation.
> Any helpful suggestions very welcome
> Arch

I noticed Remy's help re GMAIL in April, so I tried adding a
(Yeah, I know, STFW...)

  IOHandler.Host := '';
  IOHandler.Port := 465;
  smtp.IOHandler := IOHandler;
  smtp.UseTLS := utUseImplicitTLS;  // for gmail
  smtp.Port := 465;                // encrypted port

{Delphi v10, Indy v10.1.5}

That gives me an error message "Could not load SSL library"
Indyproject/KB pointed me at a broken link in Slovenian, but I found a
download for and installed DLLs.
Now I have a new error "Error connecting with SSL"
I think I'm getting closer but not quite there yet...