Re: Indy 10 Won't Stay Installed

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Indy 10 Won't Stay Installed
Posted by:  Tom Hahn (tha…@hahntech.com)
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010

"Remy Lebeau \(Indy Team\)" <re…@lebeausoftware.org> wrote:
> "Tom Hahn" <tha…@hahntech.com> wrote in message
>
>> After upgrading from Indy 9 to Indy 10, dclIndyCore70.bpl
>> and dclIndyProtocols70.bpl will not stay installed. Each time
>> Delphi 7 is restarted, they must be reinstalled.
>
> That has nothing to do with Indy itself.  Either:
>
> 1) you do not have the IDE's paths configured correctly

The Indy files are located in ..\Indy_4502\Lib\. The Library and Browse
paths are set to:

...\Indy_4502\Lib\
...\Indy_4502\Lib\Core\
...\Indy_4502\Lib\Protocols\
...\Indy_4502\Lib\System\

> 2) the packages are being placed in the IDE's "disabled packages"
> configuration in the Registry

They are not shown in the Registry under that key.

> 3) your IDE is auto-loading a project at startup, and that project has
> no
> references to the packages.

No project is auto-loaded at startup.

I have completely uninstalled and installed 3 times, and have gotten
nowhere. While this may not have anything to do with Indy itself, it
occurred because of something I apparently did when removing Indy 9 and
installing Indy 10. I had to deinstall Indy 9 because Indy 10 could not
be registered due to something already being registered (I can't
remember the name).

My compiler is currently useless. I need the capabilities in Indy 10 so
I can't go back to Indy 9. What else can I do?