Re: 10038 Error when using TIdHTTP component in ISAPI dll running in iis 7 windows 2008 64 bit

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: 10038 Error when using TIdHTTP component in ISAPI dll running in iis 7 windows 2008 64 bit
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau \(Indy Team\) (re…@lebeausoftware.org)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010

"Hans Fladsrud" <hanskristian_fladsr…@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:8D3468A1D3C5E340hanskristian_fladsr…@yahoo.com...

> When there is around 400 concurrent connections to
> the ISAPI dll. I keep getting 10038 errors.

That is an OS error code, not related to Indy specifically.

> function TIdStackWindows.WSSocket:
> Sometimes the handle that is returned from this function is invalid. When
> calling GetLastError in this function I get 10038 returned.

Is WSASocket() or IdWinsock2.socket() returning INVALID_SOCKET correctly in
that situation?  Or are they returning a different value?

> class function TIdSocketListWindows.FDSelect:
> Most of the time I get the 10038 error in this function
> when GBSDStack.CheckForSocketError is called.
> When getting the error in this function it is called by
> function TIdSocketListWindows.SelectRead.

That should only happen if the socket has been closed/disconnected, or
abnormally lost at the network layer.

> procedure TIdStackWindows.Connect:
> I have seen the error here only once, when
> CheckForSocketError(IdWinsock2.connect(ASocket, PSOCKADDR(@LAddr),
> LSize)); is called.

That should only happen if the socket has been closed beforehand.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)