Re: Character Display Width After Indy Update

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Character Display Width After Indy Update
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau \(Indy Team\) (re…@lebeausoftware.org)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010

"Tom Hahn" <tha…@hahntech.com> wrote in message
news:600816757311341074.289092thahn-hahntech.c…@news.atozed.com...

> After updating Indy from 9 to 10, these #160 characters
> seem to have a double width in the display.

There is no way to diagnose that without seeing the raw data or how you are
filling in the display.

> I am not doing anything with Unicode, but I am aware generally of what
> it means. I assume that changes may have been necessary in Indy because
> of it. To make the issue even stranger, there is no relationship between
> these displays and Indy other than that the problem arose after the Indy
> update.

There is no way an Indy update could have effected non-Indy code.  So either
you are using Indy functions without realizing it, or the data is passing
through Indy components and getting re-encoded along the way.

> Does this make any sense or am I completely off track?

It is hard to say.  Please try to clearify the issue further.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)