Re: Strange WSAAsyncSelect Issue

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Strange WSAAsyncSelect Issue
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau \(Indy Team\) (re…
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011

"Jon Robertson" <jon.roberts…> wrote in message

> However, on a given workstation where two Windows profiles
> can run our software and connect successfully, a third Windows
> profile gets the error "Invalid argument (#10022 in WSAAsyncSelect)"
> when trying to connect.

Indy does not use WSAASyncSelect() at all, so this is not an Indy issue.  It
has to be an issue inside of DataSnap itself.

> Is it possible that under the hood, blocking WinSock calls call the
> async functions?

Not likely, no.

> Has anyone seen something like this before?  Where WSAAsyncSelect
> will fail for one user but not another?

No, so it is likely just a bug in whatever code is actually calling
WSAAsyncSelect().  It is likely just passing bad data to it, which is what
10022 means.

Remy Lebeau (TeamB)