Re: Status of Indy 10.x with Free Pascal

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Status of Indy 10.x with Free Pascal
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau (re…@lebeausoftware.org)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011

Graeme wrote:

> What is the status of Indy 10.5 (I'm using 10.5.8 here) with Free
> Pascal?

Works fine, AFAIK.

> 1) indy doesn't setup default Bindings like it does under Windows.

Yes, it does.  That code is not tied to any particular compiler.  See the
code in TIdCustomTCPServer.Startup():

procedure TIdCustomTCPServer.Startup;
begin
  // Set up bindings
  if Bindings.Count = 0 then begin
    // TODO: on systems that support dual-stack sockets, create a single
    // Binding object that supports both IPv4 and IPv6 on the same socket...
    Bindings.Add; // IPv4 by default
    {$IFNDEF IdIPv6}
    if GStack.SupportsIPv6 then begin
      // maybe add a property too, so the developer can switch it on/off
      Bindings.Add.IPVersion := Id_IPv6;
    end;
    {$ENDIF}
  end;
end;

> So i have to manually do the following in my code:

No, you do not.

> 2) The DoIDHTTPServerCommandGet() event handler of OnCommandGet never
> gets called under Linux. So my HTTP Server simply does nothing. :-(

Then either the client's data is not reaching the server to begin with (check
your network settings, firewall, etc), or the server is rejecting the client's
request before the onCommandGet event is being fired.

--
Remy Lebeau (Indy Team)