Re: FTP Stops at 180 files

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: FTP Stops at 180 files
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau (re…@lebeausoftware.org)
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012

Hello jstech2,

> I posted this question at atozed.com, but their forum seems to be
> down...

Shame, because I had already answered your questions there.

> Using a secure FTP I can connect and transfer 180 files no problem,
> and then it appears to continue sending the remainder of the files,
> but they do not transfer.

If TIdFTP thinks files are still transferring, then the server is not reporting
any errors back to TIdFTP, but the problem has to be on the server end and
how it is managing the files.

> After the 180th file, the result code from the Put() is Entering
> Passive Mode.

That means the server opened a listening port on its end and sent the IP/Port
back to TIdFTP to connect to.  If Put() hangs at that point, then TIdFTP
was not able to connect and will eventually raise an exception.  But if Put()
is not hanging or raising exceptions, then the server has to be responding
with success replies.

> My theory is this is a firewall that is limiting the amount of data
> being transferred.

Possibly.

--
Remy Lebeau (Indy Team)