Re: FTP Stops at 180 files

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: FTP Stops at 180 files
Posted by:  jstech2 (bbordwe…
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012

On another item, the port is left in the TIME_WAIT state on the server side.
I read a google cached discussion titled "Prevent server connections in
TIME_WAIT state" that closely resembles this issue. It still points back to
running out of available ports, as the port appears to be left waiting, so a
new port is issued. After 180 new ports, it stops accepting files.

There must be a setting or method (short of disconnect()) that will let the
server know the put() is finished and can re-use the port.

Still seeking an answer.

Thank you.