Re: IdSMTPRelay

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: IdSMTPRelay
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau (re…@lebeausoftware.org)
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012

Hello Frank,

> For the DNS server, can (should) I use one of the public DNS Servers
> such as 8.8.8.8 provided by Google?

Any accessible DNS server will do.  Typically, you would use your ISP's own
DNS server, but a public one should work as well.

> When I attempt to do so, when I click the "Send" button, I get an
> exception "class EIdHostRequired with message ". Not sure what this means.

That means the TIdTCPClient.Host property is blank.  TIdSMTPRelay manages
that property internally, which likely means you are not using the component
correctly.  Please show your code.

--
Remy Lebeau (Indy Team)