Re: Measuring the number of Mo I am dowloading, uploading

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Measuring the number of Mo I am dowloading, uploading
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau (re…@lebeausoftware.org)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012

ChP wrote:

> I would like to build a little program (Free Pascal, Lazarus) that is
> able to measure the number of Mo (not the speed) I am downloading,
> uploading via my browser (FireFox) during one day, one month, ....
>
> Is it possible to use Indy components for this and which ones ?

In order to track statistics for a web browser like that, you would have
to write an HTTP proxy server (Indy does have TIdHTTPServer and TIdHHTProxyServer
components you could use for that), and then re-configure your browser to
route all of its traffic through your proxy.  Otherwise, use a network-level
hooking library, like WinPCap, to capture live network packets instead, filtering
out only packets that are transmitted on HTTP ports.

--
Remy Lebeau (Indy Team)