Re: Storing messages in a database

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Storing messages in a database
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau (re…@lebeausoftware.org)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013

Adam wrote:

> So far - I can see three options that are available to me - and I was
> wondering if there are additional options, or whether there are some
> traps I need to be aware of:

If you are worried about DB space, you could opt to store the raw emails
as files outside of the DB, and just store the file paths in the DB.  Less
DB overhead at the cost of slower processing but only when you need to access
the raw data for deeper analysis.  Plus, it is probably easier to install
more HDD storage space as needed than to manage an increasing growing DB.

--
Remy Lebeau (Indy Team)