Re: Git repository for easy collaboration and contributions

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Git repository for easy collaboration and contributions
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau (re…@lebeausoftware.org)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016

Graeme wrote:

> Has the Indy team (seems only you these days. <wink>) ever thought
> of migrating the SVN repository to a Git repistory?

We have discussed it, but have not reached a final decision.  AToZed hosts
their own SVN server, so it is easy to leave Indy there.  That being said,
there is an Indy account on GitHub (https://github.com/orgs/IndySockets)
being used for Gitter chat, but no repository.

> From my experience with both, Git makes it much easier to collaborate
> with others, receive contributions (in the form of patches or
> preferably pull requests), full repo history locally (great as
> backups) and allow parallel development or experimentation (local
> branches are massively useful).

Things I already do with Indy in SVN.

--
Remy Lebeau (Indy Team)