Re: chmod

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: chmod
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau (TeamB) (gambit…
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003

"W ter Horst" <willemterhor…> wrote in message

> how can I make my Delphi app to send those commands to Unix.

Chmod is send via a SITE command.  TIdFTP has a Site() method for that, ie:

    IdFTP1->Site("chmod 777 somefile.ext");

Note, however, that because chmod is send via a SITE command, it is a
server-specific feature, and as such servers are not required to implement
support for it or any other command that is sent via SITE.