Re: Resuming FTP transmition after reset by peer error

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Resuming FTP transmition after reset by peer error
Posted by:  Remy Lebeau (TeamB) (gambit…@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003

"Guillermo Castaño A" <guillerm…@grupomillennium.com> wrote in message
news:E9140CFE5D7DE240guillerm…@grupomillennium.com...

Which is the best way to reconnect and resume the file transmition?

There is only one way - when calling TIdFTP::Put(), make sure you are
setting the AAppend parameter to true.

> How can i know which file was the last transmitted?

That is your own responsibility to keep track of.  Since you cannot upload
entire folder contents in a single operation anyway, just keep track of the
last file you are passing to TIdFTP::Put().

> I'm thinking about having a try except block inside the loop that 'puts'
the
> files, but don't know if there's a better way.

That is the only way to detect an error in the transmission.

Gambit

---