Re: tidFtp inside thread do not abort

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: tidFtp inside thread do not abort
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003

"Mauricio" <mauric…@uaisol.com.br> wrote in message
news:7042217AC988E240mauric…@uaisol.com.br...

> The finalize method of the thread has:

By 'finalize' are you referring to the thread's destructor, or an separate
method that you call before destroying the thread?

> The problem is that the thread doens´t seem to abort the upload.
> They apper to be waiting the transfer terminates.

Please show a more complete code sample.  You've only shown bits and pieces,
it is hard to see what you are ACTUALLY doing with your threads.

> The main problem is when I need to close the application. It stays
> waiting the threads finalize, and the user thinks that the application
> will never close.

You could try simply displaying a dialog during shutdown that tells the user
to wait, and maybe even show the FtpThreadsCount in a timer or progress bar
so that the user can see that something is still happening.