Re: Security in FTP Client

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Security in FTP Client
Posted by:  J. Peter Mugaas (oma002…@mail.wvnet.edu)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:29:05 -0300, Lincoln wrote:

> Hi, how to implement the follows security connections with TIdFTP component
> ?
>
> _ SSL Implicit Encryption - port 990;

UseTLS - utUseImplicitTLS

> _ Explicit Encryption (AUTH SSL) - port 21;
> _ Explicit Encryption (AUTH TLS) - port 21;

UseTLS =    utUseRequireTLS or utUseExplicitTLS

Indy does the AUTH command with a trial and error process.

Please see the Indy Knowlege base for further details about the UseTLS
property.

> _ SFTP over SSH2 - port 22.

I think that's totally different protocol and we don't have any
implementation of that.

HTH.