Re: ftp / ssl / indy10

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: ftp / ssl / indy10
Posted by:  J. Peter Mugaas (oma002…@mail.wvnet.edu)
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:15:12 +0100, Björn Sterl wrote:

> hi,
>
> i have a question to indy 10. indy 10 is a beta version and i find into the
> source
> code lines with "{.$DEFINE NOSSL} {//BGO - temporary until SSL is enabled}".
> i think,
> that at this reason, the ssl-function will not work. i downloaded the
> backup-zip-file
> form the ftp-mirror.

It should be in the /lib directory.  You will need stuff from the Core,
Protocols, and Systems directories.  We had to split Indy up into 3
packages.  The System package is just a run-time package.  The Core package
includes a design-time and run-time package.  The protocols package
includes run-time and design-time packages.

> get it a newer version, in which the ssl-function are work?

The SSL functions should work in the regular Win32 version.  In fact, we
had recently added support for site to site FTP transfers using TLS (this
can be implemented as an option).

HTH.