Re: Ftp Hanging on completion

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Ftp Hanging on completion
Posted by:  Tom (t…@email.com)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004

"Ron" <ron@nospam.simdata.com.au> wrote on Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:07:55 +1000

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has encountered the problem where an FTP upload
> using TIdFtp hangs after all the data is transferred - IE its trying to
get
> the FTP response.  I am working with a customer on the otherside of the
> world and he has run some debug code for me that shows that the problem
> happens after the data connection has been closed and while its reading
the
> response.  He says that the problem only occurs on files larger than 11M -
> which I don't think is the problem, but maybe its the time it takes to
> upload the file?  The problem is consistent.
>
> My thought were that:
> - maybe its a firewall issue, with short timeouts on its NAT table entries
> - maybe its the server but I haven't been able to work out type it is
other
> than its used by verizon.net
>
> Any other ideas or similar experiences?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron

i am also experiencing this problem.
the idftp put command just hangs once a file gets transfered.
file is approx 65MB. the file is completely transfered to the ftp server.
i don't think it is related to file size, because i am able to transfer
larger files without any problems.

using delphi 7 with indy 9.0.14

ideas? suggestions?

tom

---
Message posted via Elk News Web, the newsgroups web interface!
Get it from Atozed Software -http://www.atozed.com/elknews