Re: False Size after Transfer

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: False Size after Transfer
Posted by:  J. Peter Mugaas (oma002…@mail.wvnet.edu)
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004

On Mon, 3 May 2004 20:34:16 +0200, Martin wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> Well, i Coded an ftp-client,
> but at same server the client does download the file,
> but after downloading, the file on the harddisc is bigger then on server.
> Who can help me?

What version of Indy are you using?  What server (maybe we can duplicate
the problem)?

Could you should us some code that illustrates the problem?

If you are using Indy 10 with some FTP mainframe servers, you will NOT
always get accurate file sizes at all.  The directory list formats may not
provide those and if we're lucky, we can make a reasonable estimate of what
the file size may be.  That's why I tend to recommend using the Size method
for progress indicators instead of output from the directory listing.

HTH.