Re: Socket error 11004

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Socket error 11004
Posted by:  Steven Forbes (…@not_an_address.com)
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004

This is a useful list:http://support.ipswitch.com/kb/WSK-19980721-EM01.htm

"WSANO_DATA - Error 11004

Question/Problem: Valid name, no data record of requested type

Answer/Solution: The requested name is valid, but does not have an Internet
IP address at the name server. This is not a temporary error. This means
another type of request to the name server will result in an answer. For
protocol and services resolution, the name or number was not found in the
respective database. WSAHOST_NOT_FOUND for details."

...still a bit cryptic, but perhaps it'll give you an idea?

"Mihai Francu" <mishu_fran…@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> I am using TidFTP in a thread. Recently I made some modifications to my
code
> that seemed unharmful and now it won't connect to a FTP server that had no
> problem before. I am quite tired and I can't understand why this is
> happening. All other FTP clients and even other applications that use
TidFTP