Re: Ftp stream problem

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Ftp stream problem
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004

"Alex Taylor" <bassw…@vnet.hu> wrote in message
news:1C33C5B331A1E240bassw…@vnet.hu...

> I wrote an application that puts some files on ftp servers. I want
> to visualize the progress with any type of progressbar. I set the
> Intercept property of the TidFtp to an TidConnectionIntercept
> and wrote the Onsend event handler.

That will not work.  The Intercept will only be used for the commands socket
connection, not the actual transfer socket connection.  Keep in mind that
the FTP protocol uses multiple connections.

You should be using the OnWork events instead.

> The problem is that the passed AStream1s Size
> property is extremely small.

As well it should be.  Streams are transferred in pieces, and Intercepts
operate on a per-piece basis.