Re: Possible fix for "Sent" events not logged when using TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOp

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Possible fix for "Sent" events not logged when using TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOp
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004

"Marc Aarts" <marc.aar…@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
news:3EB3FD29D2A5E240marc.aar…@wanadoo.nl...

> To cure this, I added the following bit to the
> "TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL.WriteDirect" procedure
> in "IdSSLOpenSSL.pas" after the "CheckForDisconnect;" line
> in that procedure:

It should probably be done before entering the 'repeat' loop, since
Intercepts are supposed to be allowed to alter the data before it is sent.

> This seems to work well, but it makes me wonder why it wasn't
> there in the first place, since it is in the "TIdIOHandler.WriteDirect"
> event in "IdIOHandler.pas".

It makes me wonder why TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL is overridding
WriteDirect() to begin with.  It is doing almost the exact same thing that
TIdIOHandlerStack (which TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL derives from) is
already doing.  I'm going to submit some changes to the Indy develops to
simplify the code.