Re: Changing FTP list format

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Changing FTP list format
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004

"Michael J. Leaver" <spam@mjleaver.com> wrote in message
news:B33175DA84ABE240spam@mjleaver.com...

> it thinks the Quick n' Easy FTP server is using the
> Windows NT format when actually it's in UNIX format)

Can you please show the actual format data being transmitted?  I seriously
doubt the server would do what you suggest.  Those are completely different
formats.  The Unix parser would not think the NT data is Unix data, and vice
versa with the NT parser, either.

> how do I force it to use a different parser?

TIdFTP in Indy 10 does not support that.  The closest you can get is to
parse the data manually yourself.  You can write your own TIdFTPListBase
descendant class and then make sure that your parser is registered before
the other parsers (if you register the other parsers at all, that is) so
that they don't match the data before you get a chance to look at it
yourself.