Re: 2GB limit on Indy FTP

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: 2GB limit on Indy FTP
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004

"Michael J. Leaver" <spam@mjleaver.com> wrote in message
news:E46853FB09B7E240spam@mjleaver.com...

> Hi, any chance that Indy 10 FTP will support file sizes
> over 2GB in future?

In the future, yes.  All of Indy will eventually support data size > 2Gb.
It does not currently support it, but it has already been discussed and
agreed on by Indy's developers that future releases of Indy 10 will start
using Int64 instead of Integer.

> use Int64 instead of Integer in all the right places.

Yes, that is what will happen eventually.

> Crazy I know, but I've got users transferring files of over that size
using FTP

It is not crazy at all.  A lot of people are transferring larger files
nowadays.